Sidlesham Parish Council.



Text Sizes

You may need to refresh (F5) your page to see changes

Hand-drawn Sidlesham signpost with lapwing bird.

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting on 21st November 2018 (Unapproved)

Sidlesham Parish Council
Minutes of Parish Council Meeting 21st November 2018 in the Church Hall, Church Farm Lane at 7.30pm
(Unapproved)
Present:  Mr M Mellodey (Chairman), Mr A Harland, Mrs U Pearce,  Mrs C Ranjbar, Mrs C Hall, Mr P Bedford, Mr R Ryder, Mrs M Monnington and Dr F Lewis, Cllr P Tull (CDC) and the Clerk, Mrs T MacIntyre.
Members of the council and the public were informed that the evening’s meeting would be recorded.
1     Questions from the public present at the meeting on subjects other than those on the agenda.   None
2.    Apologies for Absence:    Cllr P Montyn (WSCC)
3.    Declarations by councillors of personal interests in items on this agenda.   None
4.    Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 17th Otober 2018 to be signed as a correct record.  Dr Lewis proposed and Mrs Hall seconded that the minutes be signed.  8 agreed with 1 abstention.
5.    Matters arising from the above minutes not dealt with in separate items below.
None
6.     CDC Councillor
Cllr Tull reported that CDC’s Local Plan was passed at a full Council Meeting and will now go forward for consultation.
Objections have been raised against the proposed ice rink in Chichester.
Dr Lewis asked about the pedestrian bridge over the A27.  Cllr Tull replied that the bridge has been reinforced and is now well used.
Mr Mellodey stated that A27 improvement options, which he believed had been discounted, appeared to have been reinstated in the Local Plan.  Cllr Tull replied that those items had been included in the Local Plan to plan for action which might be required to mitigate disruption caused by any possible road building options.
7.     Neighbourhood Plan
The Clerk had written again to CDC to ask when the determination period on the proposed area to be covered will be completed.  She had received a reply saying that the officer hoped to submit the application within the next few weeks..
8.      Memorial Playing Field
8.1    Update
The PC has had a reply from the Chairman of Sidlesham Football Club to questions regarding SFC finance/budget, Chichester City Ladies Club, activation of Limited Company status by the Club, structure of the Football Club Committee and the possible future impact on the Club of better facilities.  These questions were raised at a meeting on 12th September 2018 between SFC and the PC.  The Clerk was asked to arrange a further meeting with the Chairman, Secretary and Assistant Secretary of the FC. The Football Club has had a 5 year electrical test and asbestos test on the building.  The Club Secretary will send copies of certificates to the Clerk.  Mr Ryder suggested that the PC carry out an audit of FC assets.  Mr Bedford reminded Councillors of the Asset Management Plan agreed and signed by SFC and SPC. This should be reviewed every year and the Clerk was asked to arrange a meeting to review the Plan.
8.2   Repair of MPF Drive.  The Clerk had circulated two quotations for repair of the drive.  The drive is in very bad condition and repairs are now urgent.  Mr Bedford reminded Councillors that when the Asset Management Plan was drawn up, a section regarding the drive, stating that the PC and SFC would contribute to the cost in proportion to their use of the drive.  This had not been signed but Mr Bedford believed that the principle of joint responsibility had been accepted. The Clerk was asked to investigate sources of grant funding and to obtain a third quotation.  Mr Mellodey will discuss a contribution from SFC with the FC.
9.     Highways, footpaths and cycleways.
9.1   Selsey/Chichester Commuter cycle route
Work on funding for the northern section of the route is proceeding and negotiations continue with Church Commissioners regarding sections of the cycle route over their land.
The route from Golf Links Lane to south of the Sewage Works has been agreed but missing link from the end of this section to join up with the WSCC funded link from Medmerry to Bird Pond.
The preferred route through Sidlesham now runs adjacent to the B2145 on the old road and verges to the Old Bakery, rear of properties in field to Keynor Lane and then immediately north into Memorial Playing Field, on to field at Willow Glen and Littleton Barn.  The remainder of the route is as published, adjacent to B2145 to Watery Lane, Rotten Row to Boxham Lane, north to Jury Lane and on to Hunston Section – work here is progressing south from the Free School to the Canal.
The Greenway Development Group will consult owners of properties along the route.
9.2   Bus stop north of Lockgate Road
The PC has had no response from WSCC.  Cllr Montyn will follow this up with Highways.
10.    Litter
10.1  School Program to raise awareness.
Mrs Hall has not had a response from the school regarding the poster competition.
10.2  Application to CDC for grant to fund litter pickers.
The Clerk had circulated a grant application form from a parishioner.  This was to apply for a £1,000 grant from CDC which, it was understood, would be used to recompense volunteer litter pickers for their time.  The applicant had asked that the money, should the bid be successful, be paid into the PC bank account.  The PC had reservations about paying those who pick up litter.  Health and safety regulations and HMRC registration must be followed if the PC employs pickers.  The Clerk was asked to talk to the applicant to clarify her intentions.
11.    Briefing by Satswana on Data Protection
The Clerk had contacted the PC’s Data Protection Officer at Satswana to ask if the company would brief Councillors on their responsibilities regarding data protection.  She agreed.  As there is to be an election in May 2019, it was thought preferable to hold the briefing after the next election.
12.      Finance
12.1    Income
12.1.1    HMRC (VAT return) £812.99
14.2    Payments
14.2.1    M H Kennedy (mow Paddock Straight) £129.00
14.2.2    T MacIntyre (October salary) £ 521.67
Dr Lewis proposed and Mrs Ranjbar seconded that items 12.1.1 to 12.2.2 be taken en bloc.  All agreed.
14.3    Approve Sidlesham PC’s contribution to Manhood Peninsula Partnership
The PC had increased its contribution to £200 in 2018/19.  It was agreed that the PC maintain its contribution at £200 for 2019/20.
14.4    Donation to Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal.
The PC agreed to a donation of £45 in addition to the cost of the wreath of £15.  This will give a total of £60 for the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal.
14.5    Approve Precept for 2019/20
After discussion and one amendment to the draft Precept, the Precept for 2019/20 was agreed at £32,140.  The Clerk will submit the request to CDC.
13.     Reports.    None.
14.     Correspondence.  None
15.     Matters of urgent public importance. Items raised will stand deferred until the next meeting.  None.

Meeting closed at 9.30 pm